Favorite Books of 6th graders

  • A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • College Weekend
  • Cryptid Hunters
  • Double Identity
  • Escape to West Berlin
  • Island Series
  • Kira, Kira
  • Loser
  • Love, Ruby Lavendar
  • Matilda
  • Maximum Ride
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians
  • Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
  • Saving Grace
  • Searching for David's Heart
  • Shadows Under the Sea
  • Snakehead
  • The Diary of a Wimpy Kid
  • The Outcast
  • Touching Spirit Bear
  • Warrior's Series
  • Zach's Lie

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rain Drops

Payton


Rain Drops


Rain can come as a heavy downpour or a gentle sprinkling; however, I enjoy the sound of a loud pouring rain.

Light and heavy rain are different by the way they sound and the way they feel. A light shower makes little drops on your clothes whereas a heavy rain drenches them. The difference in so und startles me. During a heavy rain you hear a chhh and during a light rain you hear a pitter-patter. A light rain gives you a better chance of not having a wet, sticky. muddy ground.

Although both are unpleasant, I love hard loud downpours when it rains. I feel it's enjoyable to hear the loud sound of the rain on the roof. The rainbows that come after the rain has stopped are very beautiful. I absolutely love driving in rain and seeing little drops of water on the window.

I feel a light drizzling rain is not near as exciting as a heavy storm. I dislike the hot misty air that comes after a rainfall. Another thing that drives me crazy is the soft dripping of the light rain that keeps me awake at night.

Although both rains are depressing and sad usually, the loud sound of the heavy rain is soothing.

No comments: