Favorite Books of 6th graders

  • A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • College Weekend
  • Cryptid Hunters
  • Double Identity
  • Escape to West Berlin
  • Island Series
  • Kira, Kira
  • Loser
  • Love, Ruby Lavendar
  • Matilda
  • Maximum Ride
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians
  • Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
  • Saving Grace
  • Searching for David's Heart
  • Shadows Under the Sea
  • Snakehead
  • The Diary of a Wimpy Kid
  • The Outcast
  • Touching Spirit Bear
  • Warrior's Series
  • Zach's Lie

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Christian
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Although light and heavy rain are both enjoyable, I'd rather sit in a heavy downpour.
There are many differences between the sound and feeling of rain. Light rain is to soft for me, because it makes me feel like a bird getting ready to take off. Which is exactly why I like heart pounding rain that weighs me down. Also both rains sound about the same except for the occasional downpours from heavy rains that sound like a stampede of bulls!
There are many reasons I think a downpour is the best. After a downpour you can see a vibrant rainbow, and you can smell the old rain. Also before a down pour the sky turns into a funky “yellowish” color.
However downpours can make some boring things happen. The rain slows the day down almost to a complete stop. And the air gets all dark and gloomy.
I would much rather sit in a heavy, fierce, downpour,than a gentle rain.

No comments: